Monday, January 21, 2013

DIY (no-sew) Heart Knee Patch Pants


Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and I have been seeing lots of adorable Valentine's Day clothes for kids. Instead of buying something for my daughter, I decided I would make something for her. 

Materials: 
-pants
-fabric for hearts
-Heat n Bond Ultrahold (you can get this at any craft store)
-scissors
-iron

Simply start off by cutting out a heart on a piece of paper and lay it on your fabric. Trace the heart and cut the heart shape out of your fabric.


If you have never heard of Heat n Bond it is really an amazing product. It is an iron-on adhesive that works wonders. The Heat n Bond UltraHold is extremely durable, so if stitching isn't desired, this should do the trick.


All I did was cut out a few squares and rectangles of the Heat n Bond, and I added it to the back of the heart.


Then you iron the paper for only a few seconds. Once it cools, you remove the paper.

 

Now you add the heart to the pants and press and hold the iron down for about 10 seconds on each section until the entire piece is bonded.


Now repeat for the other knee and voila, you are done! This whole process only took about 10 minutes.

I was a little worried at first that the hearts might come off since I didn't sew them on, but so far they have really held up. My daughter has been playing in them all day and they still are holding on strong!




-Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Compared to preceding models the new iRobot Roomba 805 installs the Aero Force Cleaning System. It provides an air suction power of as high as up to 5 xs as compared to the previous series on the list.

    if you want more just look here "roomba 805 review"

    ReplyDelete