Thursday, January 24, 2013

Delicious & Healthy Grape Salad

The other night I was craving grape salad, (you know, the kind you see at potlucks with the grapes coated in that white creamy frosting...) so I googled recipes and realized quickly that grape salad was not conducive with my attempt to be swimsuit ready for my Florida trip next month. The ingredients included things like a jar of marshmallow cream, a whole package of cream cheese, sour cream, gram crackers and a WHOLE CUP OF SUGAR!!! Completely appalled, I decided I would make my own recipe that would be healthy but equally as yummy.

Ingredients:
-3 cups Grapes
-2 Apples (chopped in 1in. cubes)
-4oz Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
-1 cup Greek Yogurt (plain or vanilla)
-1 tsp Vanilla Extract
-Juice of 1/2 of a Lemon
-1 tsp Lemon Zest
-1 tbls Sugar
-1 cup Granola (I used Bear Naked Honey Almond Crunch)

Directions:
-Wash and chop fruit. Place prepared fruit in a medium sized bowl with a lid.
-In a small mixing bowl beat together the next 6 ingredients until smooth and then pour over fruit. Add the granola and use a large spoon to fold in the fruit until evenly coated. Cover and chill in the fridge. Makes 6-8 servings.


Enjoy!

-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment