Monday, October 1, 2012

Peter Pan Collar Top Onesie Tutorial

One of the most popular new trends right now is the Peter Pan collar, and why shouldn't it be, they are adorable! I have several shirts and dresses with a Peter Pan collar, but I was thinking the other day how cute it would be if I had something like that for my daughter as well, and instead of buying something, I decided to try to make something!

I had my fabric paint out from the other day when I did the denim flower necklace top onesie tutorial, and I thought maybe I could use it for the Peter Pan collar as well, instead of having to sew anything.


Materials:

- blank onesie 
- paper doily
- fabric paint
- scissors
- paintbrush
- tape





I took a shirt I had with a Peter Pan collar and used it as a guide. It is Pins & Needles from Urban Outfitters in case anyone is wondering.



Take the paper doily and cut out the collar.



Put something between your onesie so that it doesn't bleed through. I used a clipboard. Then, tape the collar to the onesie to keep it in place.



Next, you just start painting in the holes on the collar. When you are done painting in the holes, all you need to do is paint around the outline of the doily.

 

That was it! Wasn't that so easy? Here is the finished product. I think it turned out pretty cute, but next I think I will actually tackle sewing on a Peter Pan collar for a onesie. Hopefully, that will be my next tutorial. Stay tuned!


And here is the finished product on my darling daughter.




-Sarah




No comments:

Post a Comment