Thursday, September 27, 2012

Easy Denim Flower Necklace Top Onesie Tutorial

I have been wanting to make a necklace top onesie for my daughter since last December (which is when I bought the fabric paints for it!), so I decided to stop procrastinating and finally just make it. It was surprisingly easy and fun, and I am so happy with the way it turned out!

Materials: 

-blank onesie (I purchased mine from Dollar Tree for a whopping $1!)
-fabric paint 
-fabric for the flower
-paint brush


First, I made the fabric flower. I cut a strip of material from a pair of my husband's old jeans, about 32 inches long and a half inch wide. Basically I just started rolling the material around and super gluing it every once in awhile.


After about 2 inches of just rolling it, I continued rolling but also started twisting as well as super gluing wherever I thought it was needed.


This is what it looked like when I finished it. I thought the flower was a little small, so I cut about 25 inches more material and just added it to where I left off.


After I added the rest of the material, I cut out a circle of the material to add to the back of the flower.


After finishing the flower, it is now time to work on the necklace! Place some cardboard or a magazine between the onesie so that it doesn't bleed through. 


I wanted a grey colored necklace, so I just mixed some white and black fabric paint together. You only need a small amount.


For the beads of the necklaces, you basically just need any small round object. I used the end of a highlighter for the small beads and the cap from the fabric paint for the bigger beads. Then I just used the paintbrush to paint inside the circles.


After I finished the necklaces, I added the denim flower and voila! All done.


I love the way it turned out, and I think it looks adorable on my sweet baby girl!

 

-Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment