What you will need:
- 1 quart measuring cup
- cleaning sponge
1. Start your washer on the largest load size to fill it up with water.
2. Once the washer is full of water, pour in 1 quart of bleach and stop the cycle. Let it sit for 1 hour before restarting the cycles and letting it run through.
3.Start the washer again on the largest load setting to fill with water. This time add in 1 quart of vinegar. Again, stop the cycle and let it sit for 1 hour.
4. After the hour is up, take the scrubber sponge and scrub away! I poured some of the water/vinegar mixture through the bleach cup and fabric softener cup to clean those out too.
5. Use the sponge to clean the lid, knobs and anything else you can get to.
6. Restart the washer and let the cycle run through.
I was amazed at how easily it wiped clean and it only took about 10 minutes of actual work!
Now, I was too embarrassed to take a "before" picture so you'll just have to trust me that it was bad. Here is what it looks like now...