Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie

I have a serious sweet tooth so when I came across this idea I had to try it immediately! It is perfect for fall...or anytime, really.
Here is what you'll need:

- 1 can cinnamon rolls (2 if you want a full crust on top)
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 2 T. corn starch
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 4 c. thinly sliced peeled apples

First-

Peel and slice your apples.

Next-

Add the sugar, cinnamon and corn starch to your apple slices and stir to coat the apples well.

Then-

Roll out the cinnamon rolls (I used 6 of the 8 from one can and saved the remaining two for a lattice crust on top) and press into a pie plate.

Pour the apple mixture into the pie plate.

Top with remaining cinnamon roll dough and bake at 425 for 20-25 minutes.

Finally-

Let pie cool slightly then drizzle the icing from the cinnamon rolls on top of the pie. ENJOY!

 
The pie did not stay looking this way for long, my daughters and I devoured it! We did manage to save ourselves a piece for breakfast the next morning though...delicious!
 
- Stacy


No comments:

Post a Comment