Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Decorative Tiles

My husband and I purchased our dream home in December and from our first viewing I had the entire place decorated in my head, except for our bedroom.  Now, ten months and a baby later, we are finally getting around to putting it together. The first project I wanted to do was bring new life to some old, metal antique ceiling tiles to hang on one wall. However, I did not have any antique ceiling tiles and with a new baby I did not have the time or energy to go searching for them. I decided to search online. I found these great polystyrene tiles on ebay and decided to create exactly what I wanted with them.

 
I ordered 6 tiles each with a different design for only $1.98 a piece!
 
We chose Rustoleum spray paint in Antique Copper. A quick coat is all you need and it dries within minutes.  Don't worry about applying it evenly, it will add character if some areas are darker than others. The paint will "eat away" at the foam a little which I thought gave it more of an antique look.
 
 
 
 
Here is the finished product!
 
 
 
 
- Stacy
 
 
 
 
 
 




1 comment: