Thursday, January 31, 2013

Staining Small Projects (The easy way!)

I had some unfinished letters I bought at a craft store for $1 each to use as photo props. I had planned on spray painting them, but then I happened upon a stain marker I bought to touch up some hot wheel mishaps on our baseboards and a light bulb went off. I thought, "What an easy way to stain a small project like my letters." I figured if it didn't look good I could still spray paint them. I ended up loving the way they turned out and it was as easy as coloring with a marker!
 I purchased this stain marker in Red Mahogany at Home Depot for $6.
 I applied 2 coats and let it dry.
 They turned out super cute and photographed very well.
I even used them in a newborn shoot over the weekend! :)


-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment