Thursday, November 1, 2012

Doily Canvas Art

I love doilies! My grandma had them throughout her house when I was growing up. Now that I have my own home, I wanted to decorate with doilies, too. I had some square, white canvas and thought I could make doily artwork.

Here is what I did-

I decided to stain the doilies for color instead of painting my canvas. I made hot tea and let the doilies soak in it for about an hour until I got them the color that I wanted. (You can also use coffee, berries, Kool-Aid, etc. depending on the color you want.) Rinse and air dry the doilies. I cut one into fourths for my art.

Paint Mod Podge onto the back of each doily and arrange them how you like onto your canvas. I coated them pretty well so I let it dry overnight. That's it!

 
I really like how they turned out!
 


 
 
- Stacy
 


1 comment:

  1. Nice. I've been searching for what to do with old Doilies. I know there was something to do wit them but couldn't pin point what I was looking for. Or what I want.

    ReplyDelete